Life Insurance Claims
We are very sorry to hear that an insured person has passed away. Please accept our sincerest condolences.
We understand your distress at this time and will endeavour to assist you in getting the claim resolved as quickly and easily as possible.
Please see below to discover the next steps to take.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO SUBMIT A LIFE INSURANCE CLAIM
i) Please telephone the claims team at compass underwriting on 0800 032 7775 to notify them of the bereavement and to quickly discuss the aspects of the claim. We ask you to do this to make sure the cause of death is not excluded under this insurance and you are eligible to proceed with making the claim.
(ii) Please then download and complete the Life Insurance Claims Form and send it to;
Compass Underwriting Ltd, Claims Department, 50 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7QR. We always recommend that you send documents by recorded delivery.
Please send the form along with the following;
- An original death certificate.
- The original birth certificate.
- The ESMI policy document.
- A completed medical consent form signed by the next of kin as we may need to obtain full medical records from the deceased’s GP in order to validate the claim.
- Please contact the GP and ask them to retain the patient notes and not return them to the health authority as this will delay the claim.
- Completion and return of the request for payment form.
- Sealed grant of probate or letters of administration.
3) What happens now?
Once we have received all our initial requirements we will obtain details of the deceased’s medical history and treatments from their GP and or consultant.
Then, within 10 working days, we will;
- Inform you if your claim is successful and when you should expect to recieve your payout. Usually payouts are made within the 10 working days stated above.
- If your claim was unsuccessful, we will advise you of any further information we need to process the claim, or let you know the reasons why your claim has been unsuccessful.
If you haven’t heard back from us, or you would like some help from a member of the claims team then please contact us on: 0800 032 77 75.