Simple Sick Pay Cover
- Protection from work absence longer than 30 days, paid back to day 1.
- Ensure 85% of your regular income for 6 months.
- Guaranteed acceptance for ages 18-61 in England, Scotland & Wales.
- No medical or lifestyle questions.
- Free access via ESMI Rewards to 1,000+ savings from most of the U.K.’s major retailers. Save an average of £400 a year.
From only £10.31 a month
Benefits of ESMI’s Sick Pay Insurance
We distribute this insurance in partnership with Canopius. Canopius are one of the top 10 insurers in the Lloyd’s insurance market and wrote over $1.2 billion premium across the group in 2017.
No medical or medical questions
We guarantee to accept you instantly online if you are age 18-61 and live in England, Scotland or Wales. It’s that simple.
You Are Protected Right Back To Day One
We reimburse you from the first day that you were signed off work, once you have been off work for 30 consecutive days.
You're In Safe Hands
We've provided cover for over 4,000 people since 2012.
Why is sick pay cover important?
After 4 days work absence, the majority of employed people will be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay from their employer of only £92.05 each week.
For most individuals, these benefits on offer are not enough to sustain your quality of life, and things could soon get tough, without protection. A Sick Pay policy can reduce this worry.
Still not convinced that a Sick Pay Insurance policy is worth it? Click here to see our stats below.
ESMI Sick Pay Insurance Explained
So, how does ESMI Sick Pay Insurance work?
- ESMI Sick Pay Insurance replaces your income with up to a maximum of 6 monthly-paid benefits up to £2,000.
- To apply for cover you must be aged 18 to 61 and permanently reside in either England, Scotland or Wales.
- There is a choice between: £500, £1,000, £1,500, or £2,000.
- Please make sure you choose an appropriate level for you as your benefit cannot exceed 85% of your regular income. Examples;
If your income is £1,000 gross a month, you can apply for the £500 cover level and recieve the full benefit. Should you choose the £1,000 cover level please be aware you will be unable to claim the full £1,000 as this would be more than 85% of your usual income. The maximum you would be able to receive in this case is £850 of benefit per month.
If your income is £2,000 gross a month, you can apply for the £1,500 cover level and recieve the full benefit. Should you choose the £2,000 cover level please be aware you will be unable to claim the full £2,000 as this would be more than 85% of your usual income. The maximum you would be able to recieve in this case is £1,700 of benefit per month.
- Claims can only be made after 30 consecutive days of work absence.
- The benefits are paid entirely tax-free, and we pay you monthly in arrears back to day 1 when you were signed off work and you started losing income.
- We will pay benefits for up to a maximum of 6 months or until you are able to return to work, whichever comes first.
- Annually renewable policy up until your 69th birthday, and you’re free to cancel any time.
What happens if I have a pre-existing condition, will you accept me?
There is an exclusion for any claim that arises out of any medical condition that existed (including treatment, monitoring, referral, consultations or whilst undergoing tests) in the 3-year period prior to the start date of your policy.
This exclusion will not apply if you remain symptom-free and do not need to seek treatment or medical advice for a continuous period of 24 months.
If the cause of your sickness or injury which has caused work-absence longer than 30 days is not deemed related to your condition when you come to claim, then your benefit will, of course, be paid.
Want to know more about how this affects you? Click here to contact us.
The professional claims team at Compass Underwriting have you covered. Since 1986 they’ve been one of the UK’s leading independent accident & health underwriting agencies, serving over 250,000 customers in that time.
We understand how important your claims are, so we always do our absolute best to get them resolved quickly.
Once we have received all of our initial requirements we endeavour to respond to all claims within 10 working days to help your family get back on their feet as soon as possible.
We will not pay any benefit:
- For any back-related condition unless there is radiological evidence of a medical abnormality or a visible wound or bruising, or a doctor or consultant certifies that this is the only condition which prevents you from attending your usual place of employment.
- For any claim for psychological, psychotic or mental disorders unless a consultant certifies that this is the only condition which prevents you from attending your normal duties at your normal place of employment.
Please see section four in the policy document for the full list of exclusions.
Still Need Some Convincing?
"It’s too expensive for the off-chance of me needing to use it."
Not true! Our cover starts from only 32p more a month than a Spotify subscription (£10.31 vs £9.99), and we reckon it’s a lot more important too!
"I’ll be fine. It cant be that bad?"
SSP is £92.05 a week. The average weekly food cost for a UK household is £89 and the average on gas & electric is £102.30p/m. See, you’re dipping into your savings already… for only food and energy bills. Do you see how quickly things could get ugly?
"I’ll just use my savings if that happens."
That’s great if you can! But, 1 in 4 people in the UK have no savings whatsoever, and one in 10 adults over the age of 55 don’t have a penny put away for their future.
Unlimited access to 1000+ loyalty rewards
Absolutely free with your ESMI cover
All ESMI policyholders get unlimited access to our ESMI Rewards site with over 1,000 cash-back opportunities from over 150 of the UK’s favourite brands.
Incorporate ESMI Rewards into your usual spending with ease, and you could see an average yearly saving of £400.
Save when you buy from your favourite brands
+1000s more to choose from
Buy straightforward Life Cover or Sick Pay Cover online from ESMI in less than 5 minutes.
Fill In The Form Below To Request-a-Call-Back or Send A Message
Why the penguins?
We think Penguins provide a great metaphor and mascot for protection insurance...
Penguins are extremely resilient animals (for obvious reasons ❄), and we believe that in many ways they are just like us! Here’s how;
- They’re very sociable animals and live in large communities.
- They often mate for life and are very family-focused. Once a bond is made they always support their partner and young through life’s “storms”.
- They come in all shapes & sizes, and... like us... they have a habit of being a little mischievous and clumsy from time to time and often slip up on the path of life.
Plus – It’s impossible to look at a penguin and not smile